Saturday, August 22, 2009

Chapter Twenty Three

I watched Geno lead Riley out of the locker room and I felt my heart ache. I wanted nothing more than to run after them, take her in my arms, and punch Geno’s lights out. I pinched the bridge of my nose between my thumb and forefinger. Jordan sat down next to me and cleared his throat until I looked over at him.

“What?”

“I saw what happened back there?”

“Back there? It happened right in front of us.”

“You know what I mean! Anyway, why is Riley still with Geno? What happened in the hospital last night?”

“It was perfect last night. I couldn’t ask for a better night. It was this afternoon that was fucked up. Ryan told Geno that Riley and I were seeing each other behind his back and then it just went downhill from there. Now Geno wont let Riley be with me in public to hold up some bullshit appearance thing. I don’t know. It all sounds like some made up load of shit and him just being jealous.” I watched as Jordan nodded.

“Where’d they go?”

“Where do you think? Diesel.”

“Then what are you doing sitting here?! You have to go keep an eye on them.”

“What for? It’s just gonna piss me off.”

“’What for’? Are you friggin insane? Just in case he…I don’t know. Tries something.”

“Geno? He’s not gonna try anything. I don’t even think he wants anything to do with her. It’s publicity, remember?”

“Yeah, but you never know. She’s hot, Max. And after a few drinks…”

“Okay! We’re going!”

Riley’s Point of View
Geno drove one handedly the whole way over to the club, keeping a death grip on my wrist with the other. It was like he thought I was going to jump out of the Porsche in the middle of traffic. I was desperate to escape him, but not that desperate. The ride was awkward and silent and all I wanted to do was go home and crawl into bed. Ideally with Max by my side. When we finally got to the club I was about two seconds away from telling him off, but I held my composure and followed him into the VIP section.

“Vodka,” he spat at me before I could even sit down. Oh. Hell. No. I was not about to be his bitch for the evening.

“Get it yourself,” I replied, with venom in my voice. I started to walk away, but before I could take two steps, his hand was back on my wrist.

“Get it, or I tell them you cheat with Max. Bad for everyone,” he said with a smirk. I didn’t think it was possible for me to feel this much rage at one time. I turned on my heel and, in a blind fury, made my way to the bar. I couldn’t deal with this right now. He was threatening me. That son of a bitch was threatening me. Just wait until I tell Max. He’ll go insane. Once I was at the bar, I ordered two vodka tonics. I planned on that being one of many throughout the night.

“I’ll pay for that,” Max’s warm breath made my skin tingle as he spoke into my ear and slipped an arm around my waist. “You have no idea how long I just wanted to touch you.” I set my drinks on the bar and turned into Max. He was smiling so broadly and I couldn’t have felt happier. But then I remembered who I came here with. I looked over at Geno who had some skanks draped over his lap. So he was able to have a good time, but I wasn’t? “Can we…?” He looked in the direction of Geno as well but this time he was staring back at us.

“I’m sorry, I don’t think so. It got worse. But I’ll tell you later okay?” He was frowning at me with obvious disappointment.

“I fucking hate him,” he said bitterly.

“Tell me something I don’t know. I’ll try and catch you later.” Geno was once again distracted by the girls and I quickly pecked Max on the cheek and walked back to Geno. “Here’s your drink.” I shoved the glass at him and took a seat. He drank it quickly and resumed his conversation with the girls. I sat there for the next hour as Geno had his arm carelessly draped over my shoulders while he flirted with other women. I knocked back about five vodka tonics in the course of this time and I wasn’t really feeling anything anymore. I barely noticed when Jordan sat down next to me.

“Max sent me over here to keep you company.”

“Maxie? Where is he?” I looked around, but the spinning room didn’t afford me a good look.

“He’s over there, talking to Tyler.” I looked in that direction and saw some blonde all over him.

“If you’ll scuse’me Jordan. I need to see what’s doing.” I heard Jordan mumble something about too much to drink, but I ignored him and walked over to where Max and the blonde were.

Max’s Point of View
I saw Riley walking over to me and I felt a smile come over my features, this blonde girl was unceasingly hitting on me and I was trying to politely turn her down, she just wouldn’t take the hint. My smile quickly faded however when I saw how much Riley was staggering. I knew this could only mean all sorts of trouble.

“Excuse me,” she said a little too loudly. “What’s going on here?”

“Nothing that concerns you,” the blonde said with an edge to her voice.

“Everything that concerns Maxie concerns me too,” she slurred, linking her arm with mine.

“I wasn’t aware he had a babysitter,” the blonde answered. “Or a girlfriend?” I watched Riley’s face fall as she looked from me to Geno.

“I’m not his girlfriend. I’m his…best friend,” she tried. She took a clumsy step in between myself and the girl.

“Whatever,” the girl said and walked away. Riley turned to me and put her arms around my neck.

“I just. I just wanna kiss you. A little bit.” She moved closer to me and I stealthily ducked away.

“Riley, you can’t. Not here. Geno’s watching.” I held her at arms length. My body ached for her, but I restrained myself.

“Just one little kiss?” she pleaded with me. I knew that I couldn’t because if I gave in, it wouldn’t stop at just a peck. When I made it clear I wasn’t budging on the issue, she started to leave, but tripped over her own two feet and ended up on the floor. I helped her up and put her safely in the arms of Tyler.

“That’s it, I’m telling Geno that you’re leaving. Right now,” I said. “Tyler, watch her okay?” He nodded and I walked over to the VIP section.

“Geno, Riley’s drunk out of her mind. She’s leaving right now, with me.”

“She stay with me.” He stood up so he was face to face with me. I was in no mood for this right now.

“I’m pretty sure this is universal in every language, so fuck you.” I turned and Geno stepped in front of my path.

“In public she mine. You not taking her.”

“She’s not a piece of property. No one owns her, okay? I’m taking her home.” Geno wouldn’t let me around him.

“You want her, go through me.” That was all I needed to hear. In about three seconds, fists were flying.

7 comments:

  1. “In public she mine. You not taking her.”

    UGH! When I read that I wanted to hit him too!

    I'm glad that Max finally punched Geno but... Geno's kind of big so; hope he doesn't get too hurt =/

    I was very excited to see that you updated again... but now I'm dying for the next one to find out what happens lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Max!! About time he stands up to Geno about this situation!! Great update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! No You have to update ASAP!
    I wanna make sure Max didnt get hurt cause geno is bigger then him.:[
    But im glad he stood up against him. An if i was her i would have told him to tell the world i wasnt getting him a drink. Lol
    Anyways im gonna stop rambling now.
    UPDATE SOON!!!!:]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo happy to see the update! I love how wise and knowing Jordan is. Now I love Maxie and hate Geno more than before! Oh, I just want Riley and Max to be happy together! Wonderful chapter, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! Max tells the big brute off! Being the tough scraper that he is I'm sure he can hold his own against Geno. But what will the fallout be? Yikes! Can't wait to read more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just so bizarre to see Geno acting like that!
    Naybe she should just grin & bare it then naybe he will let her go.
    This will just make it worse.

    I'm sure the others there will break up the fight quickly.

    ReplyDelete